1. Make sure there is damage to your roof before you call your insurance company; call Aspen Roofing for free inspections! If you have damage we will provide a written estimate and notify you.
2. How much is your deductible? Some insurance companies charge a % of claim amount, some deductibles are a fixed rate. This can make a big difference in your out of pocket expenses.
3. Do you have a Replacement cost value (RCV) is a product at 100 percent, with no use or diminished life Span? Or an Actual cash value (ACV) is the use (or life left) of a product after reduction for depreciation. If you are on an ACV policy with a 10 yr old roof, you will be paying a substantial amount out of pocket. Depreciation is the reduction of the value of a product based on factors including use, age, and type of product.
4. Does your insurance carrier give discounts for replacement with a Class “4” impacted rated shingle?
5. If you have a $500.00 deductible and it costs $700.00 to repair, pay the additional $200.00 and not file a claim. Is it worth the extra $200.00 to not file a claim against your insurance?
6. If you do have an insurance claim, share the adjustment paperwork with your contractor, to ensure they are allowing for everything your insurance company is allowing.
7. Since the Colorado Senate Bill SB38 has been enforced, it is illegal for a Roofing Contractor to offer ANY discounts and is a Misdemeanor offense.